Home > Mental Health Worksheets
The Cycle of Anger Worksheet
On this page, we will provide you with a The Cycle of Anger Worksheet. It will help you to know how the cycle of anger works.
What is The Cycle of Anger Worksheet?
Anger is actually an outward manifestation of the pent up underlying emotions. Anger can be verbal as well as non-verbal. When you get angry, it is not just one single emotion, there are multiple emotions that are involved. It is a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
How The Cycle of Anger Worksheet will help?
The cycle of Anger has 5 steps:
- Triggering event: Any situation or factors that you find provoking enough to react.
- Negative Thought: Negative self-talk that happens because of the trigger.
- Emotional Response: It depends on thoughts, Negative thought will result in negative emotion.
- Physical Symptoms: How your body reacts to the situations.
- Behavioural Response: Based upon your thoughts, emotional and physical response your behaviour will act accordingly.
Instructions on how to use The Cycle of Anger Worksheet
This worksheet will tell you how your one single perception leads to another and completes the whole cycle. Carefully fill cycle 2 and write down your own experiences and feelings in each step.
You can download this worksheet here.
On this page, we provided you with The Cycle of Anger Worksheet which hopefully helped you to know how the cycle of anger works.
If you have any questions or comments please let us know.
The worksheets on this site should not be used in place of professional advice from a mental health professional.
You should always seek help from a mental health professional or medical professional. We are not providing any advice or recommendations here.
There are various resources where you can seek help.